Follow this guide to add your TP-Link Smart Plug to your equiwatt account to automatically earn rewards for saving energy and CO2!
Once you have set up your Smart Plug in the Kasa Smart App and ensured that it is plugged in and connected to your home WiFi network, you are ready to add it to your equiwatt account!
Connect your TP-Link Smart Plug to equiwatt
- Log in to your equiwatt account via the equiwatt app.
- Select the 'Manage' tab by selecting the toggle icon.
- Under the 'Smart Connections' widget, select '+ Add New Device' and 'Add Kasa Plug'.
- After you have read through how your Kasa plugs will participate in equivents, select the blue 'Connect' button.
- Enter the email address and password for your Kasa account in the boxes provided and then select 'Continue'.
- Your Kasa account has now been successfully linked to equiwatt.
- You can now select how long your Smart Plug and the connected appliance participate in equivents as well as if they participate at all.
- Once you have made your selection, press the 'arrow' button at the top left of the page.
- Your Smart Plug(s) will now appear under the 'Kasa Plugs' widget on the home screen of the app.
NOTE: When you add any additional TP-Link smart plugs to your Kasa account, it will automatically sync with equiwatt and add the new plug to your account.