We at Equiwatt take your privacy very seriously. This Privacy Notice explains our data processing practices and your options regarding the ways in which your personal data is used. Throughout this notice we will use the terms ‘Equiwatt’, ‘we’, ‘our’ and ‘us’ which refer to Equiwatt Limited. If you have any requests concerning your personal information or any queries with regard to our processing please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Equiwatt collects your information submitted to us to learn about your use of our services and your visits to our website. The following information will be collected:
- Your full name
- Your address and postcode
- Your contact information (such as your email address and/or contact number)
- Account information such as username and password
- General information about you
- Photographic and/or video materials featuring your name and likeness that you may post to our website
- financial information that you have provided
- information of your hardware and software such as (IP-address; Browser type; operating system; access times; MAC address)
- Energy data: appliances energy consumption, and home energy usage consumption.
- Marketing & Communication Data
Equiwatt will not obtain data enabling you to be personally identified unless you give us this information by filling in and sending us the forms on the site.
Usage of your personal information
Our use of your personal information will always have a lawful basis, either because it is necessary for our performance of a contract with you or because you have consented to our use of your personal data.
Specifically, we may use your data to:
- Communicate with you via email notifications and general company emails
- Send you our newsletter or advertising emails
- Personalise and optimise our services and web experience to you
- Process your account creation for accessing our services
- Deliver our energy management services to you
- Provide energy saving rewards services
- Conduct product and service improvements
- Conduct research to enhance and improve our Services
- Seek periodic feedback from you
If you do not want to be contacted with any of the marketing purposes listed above, you can change preferences and unsubscribe in your profile settings or opt-out by using the unsubscribe button at the footer of every email.
Equiwatt uses ‘cookies' to store information including visitors' preferences, and the pages on the website that the visitor accessed or visited. The information is used to optimise the users' experience by customizing our web page content based on visitors' browser type and/or other information.
Providing your personal data to third parties
Equiwatt may disclose some of your data to third parties, including but not limited to energy data and appliance power consumption data, for the purpose of delivering our Services to you and for improving the quality of our Services. In such cases, your data will be anonymised and shared securely with the third party with no way of any third party being able to personally identify you, your device or your household from the data.
Security of Personal Data