Updated 19 August 2021
We at Equiwatt take your privacy very seriously. This Privacy Notice explains our data processing practices and your options regarding the ways in which your personal data is used. Throughout this notice we will use the terms ‘Equiwatt’, ‘we’, ‘our’ and ‘us’ which refer to Equiwatt Limited. If you have any requests concerning your personal information or any queries with regard to our processing please contact us at email@example.com.
Your Information and how we collect it
Equiwatt collects the information you submit to us to help deliver our services to you and improve experiences by learning about how you use those services via visits to our website or app. The following information will be collected:
- Your contact details including full name, address and postcode, email and contact number
- Account information such as username and password for our services and connected services
- General information about you and your household
- Photographic and/or video materials featuring your name and likeness that you may post to our website or social channels
- Financial information that you have provided
- Information of your hardware and software such as IP-address; Browser type; operating system; access times; MAC address
- Energy data: appliances energy consumption, and home energy usage consumption
- Marketing & Communication Data
- Advertising tracking and insights data
Equiwatt will not obtain data enabling you to be personally identified unless you give us this information by filling in and sending us such information through such means as data forms on the site or within services.
We use a variety of services to collect technical and usage data via third parties or publicly available sources from third parties including:
- Analytics and tracking providers such as Google, Facebook, Hubspot and AppsFlyer
- Contact, Marketing and Communications, and Technical Data from technology providers that are used to implement marketing activities to both new and existing users. This includes providers of services such as social media, display network advertising, CRM, marketing automation and marketing effectiveness measurement.
Usage of your personal information
Our use of your personal information will always have a lawful basis, either because it is necessary for our performance of a contract with you or because you have consented to our use of your personal data.
Specifically, we may use your data to:
- Communicate with you via email notifications and general company emails
- Send you our newsletter or advertising emails
- Promote activity relating to products and services
- Help us to measure the effectiveness and manage the frequency of marketing activity
- Personalise and optimise our services and web experience to you
- Process your account creation for accessing our services
- Deliver our energy management services to you
- Provide energy saving rewards services
- Conduct product and service improvements
- Conduct research to enhance and improve our Services
- Seek periodic feedback from you
If you prefer not to be contacted through any of the marketing purposes listed above, you can change preferences and unsubscribe in your profile settings or opt-out by using the unsubscribe button at the footer of every email.
Equiwatt uses ‘cookies' to store information including visitors' preferences, and the pages on the website that the visitor accessed or visited. The information is used to optimise the users' experience by customizing our web page content based on visitors' browser type and/or other information.
Providing your personal data to third parties
Equiwatt may disclose some of your data to third parties, including but not limited to energy data, appliance power consumption data and service user insights, for the purpose of delivering our services to you and for improving the quality of our services or marketing of those services. In such cases, your data will be anonymised and shared securely with the third party with no way of any third party being able to personally identify you, your device or your household from the data.
Security of Personal Data
Accessing private information
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. If you wish to see a copy of your records, please contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org. You are entitled to receive a copy of your stored data within a month.
If you would like to know more about how we use your information, or if for any reason you do not wish to have your information used in any of the ways described here, please email us at email@example.com.