Follow this guide to add your Smart Meter to your equiwatt account to earn rewards for saving energy and CO2!
Once you have created your equiwatt account you can connect your smart meter by verifying your MPAN via the equiwatt App
Step 1: Open the manage tab in the equiwatt app
- Log in to your equiwatt account and open the 'Manage' tab (the toggle icon).
Step 2: Select the 'Verify your MPAN number' box
- Select the 'Verify your MPAN number' box in the top left corner of the page.
You do not need a Smart Meter in order for us to verify your MPAN for you. Click here to learn more.
Step 3: Enter your 13-digit MPAN number and select continue
Your MPAN (Meter Point Administration Number) can be found either on your electricity bill or on your smart meter's in-home display. Click here for more information.
- If your MPAN is correct but is showing as invalid then please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 4: Select continue when prompted to 'Authenticate using your smart meter's MAC address'.
- Make sure to keep your In-home display (IHD) unit nearby for the next steps of setup.
Step 5: Terms and conditions
- Review and confirm that you accept the terms and conditions by selecting the 'I confirm that I am the bill payer...' box and select the yellow 'I accept the terms' button.
Step 6: Confirm with IHD MAC/GUID/EUI
- Scroll down the page and enter the last 4 digits of your 'IHD MAC' and select 'Submit the IHD MAC'.
- A MAC number is 16 characters that uniquely identifies the In-Home Display (IHD) for your smart meter and can commonly be found on the bottom of your in-home display.
TIP: Some manufacturers use different terms to refer to a MAC number such as GUID or EUI.
- The MAC number is a series of 16 digits starting with GUID e.g. "GUID: 0C-A2-F4-00-00-".
- Click here for more help locating your MAC number.
Step 7: Retrieving your home location
- equiwatt will retrieve your home location from your MPAN.
- Select continue if your home location is correct.
- If the address retrieved is incorrect, please contact us at email@example.com.
Step 8: Smart meter connected
- Once your smart meter is connected you will be able to see the energy usage from your smart meter in the app by selecting 'Smart Meter' in the 'Manage' tab.
- Note: It can take up to 36 hours for the data from your smart meter to appear in the app. For further information refer to this article.
NOTE: If you have any issues getting your smart meter connected. Please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will assist you.