Follow this guide to learn how to take part in equivents manually and earn an entry to our monthly prize draw for saving energy and CO2!Switch off your appliance(s) when prompted
- When an equivent has started, you will receive a notification from the equiwatt app to let you know that you need to switch off your manual appliances.
TIP: Click here to find out how to register your manual appliances for the first time.
- If you are happy to participate, go to your manual appliance(s) and switch them off at the plug socket.
- To make sure that we know that you have switched off your appliance, and to earn points and enter yourself into the monthly manual control prize draw to win 2,000 bonus points (worth £20), you will need to register your appliance's participation in the equiwatt app.
- Please note: Only users with connected compatible smart meters will be awarded points for manually participating in equivents. Click here to learn how to connect your smart meter to your equiwatt account.
TIP: You will then be automatically awarded an entry to our monthly prize draw for every equivent you take part in using Manual Control (entries are per equivent and not per appliance).
Manual participation in 1 equivent = 1 entry
Manual Participation In 6 equivents = 6 entries
Register your appliance(s) participation
- When you receive a notification from the equiwatt app that an equivent has started, simply tap on the notification and it will take you to the equivent participation page where you will be able to select the manual appliances you have switched off.
- Alternatively, you can register your manual appliances participation in the equivent by logging into your equiwatt account.
- Once logged in, go to the 'Home' page (house icon) and select the manual control widget in the top left-hand corner of the screen.
- Select the appliance(s) that you want to participate in the equivent (the box will have a blue border around them once selected) and then press the 'Save my selections' button at the bottom of the box to confirm your selection and let us know what you have switched off.
- You should now see a message confirming you have registered your appliance(s) participation and reminding you to switch your appliance back on when the equivent has come to an end.
- Switch your appliance(s) back on when you get another notification to let you know that the equivent has ended.
- After the equivent, you will receive a notification providing a summary of your energy and CO2 savings as well as any points that you have earned from smart appliances and confirmation of your manual control prize draw entry.
- If you have a smart meter connected to your equiwatt account and have successfully beaten your forecast, your points will be added to your account 24-48 hours after the equivent along with a break down of the energy and CO2 you have helped to save.